There are several reasons why performing ozone shock treatments in unoccupied spaces during this time of year is a ‘must do.’
- We spend more time indoors during the fall/winter. At the same time, we close our structures shut, quit keeping screened windows open to let in fresh air. This means the air inside is up to 10 times more polluted than outdoor air. A weekly ozone shock treatment can, however, can sanitize your indoor air and rid it of molds, bacteria, viruses, odors, chemicals, and VOCs.
- We tend to have family and friends over to visit more this time of year. Everyone sheds dead skin and whatever ‘funk’ they bring with them. It’s a good idea to shock your air after any visitation. If they cough or sneeze, you can get rid of whatever micro-pathogens they introduced to your living space.
Those are the two main reasons why I believe everyone should perform weekly ozone shock treatments during the winter months. The reason they call this the cold and flu season isn’t because cold temperatures make us sick. On the contrary. Our immune system benefits from having us suffer a little cold weather. The reason people get sick is that indoor air is ten times more polluted than outdoor air. I also recommend you run your HVAC system in the ‘on’ position 24/7 during the winter and change your HVAC filter every 3 weeks (it will turn black) to ensure your lungs aren’t breathing in that somewhat toxic dust floating around. (Better the filter turn black than our lungs, right?) You can pick up MERV 11 filters on ebay for about $6 a filter (vs $25 at Walmart or Lowes) Just buy a carton of 12 and save!